Tuesday 15 November 2011

Featured Artist: Lydia Fee






Hello there! Tell us a little bit about yourself.
Hello. I am a mixed-media artist, freelance illustrator, card maker and lover of all things Brixton!

What are you currently working on right now?
I have few projects on the go at the moment. A job to design a wedding invitation, a private commission and ongoing work for the Ritzy Picturehouse Cinema.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?
I couldn’t tell you! I have hopes for the future but I try to take each and every day as it comes. I have been thinking about living and working in Berlin with a friend for a while. The seed has been planted in my mind and I am starting to believe that this might be an exciting possibility…

What drew you to illustration?
Nothing. I have always been doing it because it makes me happy.

Would you mind sharing a little about your creative process with us?
My work is mixed-media and I combine traditional techniques with modern technology and ideas. My practice has recently evolved and I now use print as a major foundation in my image-making process. The vibrancy of the oil-based inks and subtle textures are not something that I feel can be mimicked digitally.

Where are you located?
I live in Tulse Hill, South London. I am passionate about my area and the local community. I volunteer at my local park and spend most of my spare time in Brixton Village, eating, drinking and rummaging for goodies!

See more of Lydia's work here:

Portfolio: www.lydiafee.co.uk
Agency: www.handsomefrank.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/lydiafee

No comments:

Post a Comment