Friday 18 November 2011

Featured Artist: Celeste Palacios







Hello there! Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I am a painter and illustrator from Argentina, living and working in Germany. I'm a graduate student of the Academy of Fine Arts in Córdoba.
I love drawing, photography, traveling, and hot chocolate.

What are you currently working on right now?
At this moment I´m working on some paintings for a new series. Currently some of my works are exposed in the museum of the city Tecate in Baja California, Mexico.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?
I hope I'll live either in Salvador de Bahia, enjoying the brasilian sun and the beach, or in Berlin, my preferred city of the world. And obviously, I see my self painting and working, doing what I really love.

What drew you to illustration?
Since my childhood drawing is a great passion for me, and that's why I studied fine art. In the world of illustration I find endless possibilities to express my emotions and impressions. That's why I always wanted to be an illustrator.

Would you mind sharing a little about your creative process with us?
My creative process is based on inspiration I get from music, feelings and life experiences. To start a new project I always begin drawing sketches. After that I transfer the idea on canvas with acrylic colors, or on the computer. To realize illustrations for magazines, fine art prints or designs, the computer has become an important tool for me.

Where are you located?
I live in the multicultural city of Köln, at the river Rhine.


No comments:

Post a Comment