Tuesday 18 October 2011

Featured Artist: Sarah Dennis








Hello there! Tell us a little bit about yourself.


I am a freelance illustrator living in London where I make and sells prints, badges and plush toys. I completed a degree in illustration in 2008 at the University of The West of England. I have an interest in narrative, drawing and collage, my artwork is inspired by themes of nature and childhood as well as old ledger books and evocative old prints


What are you currently working on right now?


I've got a solo exhibition at Prema Arts centre in Gloucestershire. I am creating some new art work and framing prints for the show. The exhibition starts on the 7th of November and is showing till the 11th of December.


Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?


Wow big question. I want to be creating unique art work and working as a commercial illustrator. Hopefully by that point I'll be living in a gorgeous palace where me and my family will live.

 What drew you to illustration?
I find that drawing is a great way to communicate  my imagination and ideas. When I was younger I use to love watching animations and reading comics book and I still do. That imagery inspired me to create my own story and characters.

Would you mind sharing a little about your creative process with us?

I like to hunt down different textures and pattered papers. Once I've got an idea or a commission I sketch down my ideas, I work from that sketch to create a collage digitally or finically.

Where are you located?

East London


Facebook Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sarah-Dennis-Illustration/133483266673489
Twitter: http://twitter.com/SarahDennis_
Website: www.sara-dennis.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment