Wednesday 26 October 2011

Featured Artist: Kerri-Ann Hulme






Hello there! Tell us a little bit about yourself.
Hi! I’m Kerri-Ann, I’m nearly 24, I have a black cat called Harley and I am an illustrator. I went to The University of Huddersfield and graduated last year with a degree in illustration (BA Hons).

What are you currently working on right now?
I’m part of a collective, Pencils, Paper, Scissors, that is currently working on a circus themed colouring book, it is pretty exciting to see all our work coming together in our first collaborative project. I am also constantly writing notes and ideas for my own children’s book, it’s taking a long time but I don’t want to rush it!

Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?
In 10 years I hope to be a published author/illustrator of children’s books and to work in a professional creative environment. It has also been a bit of a dream to work in a publishing house so who knows what path I will take in the future, all I know is that I will be doing something creative.

What drew you to illustration?
When I was a kid I always said that I wanted to be an animator and work for Pixar, more specifically I wanted to help make Toy Story 3, little did I know they would actually make it! I have always been fascinated by illustrations in children’s books, they make me feel nostalgic and they can take you to a different world, I want to create this for someone else with my illustrations.

Would you mind sharing a little about your creative process with us?
To be honest my process changes all the time! I think I get bored with doing things one way so I try different things. I find that just simply drawing with pencils works best for me then scanning it in, then I might tidy it up a bit in photoshop but sometimes the messy bits add the to illustration!

Where are you located?
I currently live in Widnes, Cheshire, though I am looking to move to Sheffield as there are zero opportunities here in Widnes.





No comments:

Post a Comment